The Old-Catholic or Anglican reverend serves full-time at Schiphol Airport, as part of an ecumenical team including Roman Catholic and Protestant ministers.
Objectives and Tasks
The primary objectives of the Airport Chaplains are to:
- Assist and care for passengers e.g. in cases of bereavement or other traumatic incidents
- Support the medical services for special passenger care
- Help refugees with practical problems: e.g. food, a bed for the night, directions to the appropriate authority
- Visit airport detainees in temporary custody
- Advice and help stranded passengers
- Work with airport personnel in the event of a disaster
- Lead the volunteer workers who help support distressed passengers and administer the multi-faith "Meditation Centre"
We are seeking to appoint a new Old Catholic-Anglican Chaplain at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Are you interested in this position? Then read the job description and application procedure by clicking on this link CHAPLAIN. We look forward to hearing from you!